The private garden at the historic Waggener home is maintained by Chuck and Jane Vielehr. It was at one time an apple orchard and later converted to a garden by John Waggener. The Vielehrs plant a combination of vegetables and flowers and experiment with new plantings each year. The garden is a labor of love for those who take care of it, and it is appreciated by many friends, neighbors and family members throughout the summer season.
Garden Talks at Art in the Garden
During the Art in the Garden events, we will present informative gardening and landscaping talks by area experts. Here’s the schedule…
- 4:30pm Xeriscaping with Jim Doyle of Imagine Green Design
- 5:00pm Garden Tour Jane Vielehr will guide a tour through the garden and discuss her planting methods and process.
- 5:30pm Heirloom Roses with Charlotte Hardy
- 6:00pm Garden Tour Jane Vielehr will guide a tour through the garden and discuss her planting methods and process.
- 6:30pm Edible Landscaping with Marlin & Barbara Ann McMonigal of leasureacre.com
- 7:00pm Fairy Gardens with Christy Patton
The following local musicans will be performing acoustic music in the Garden throughout the afternoon:
- Tom Schaffer – Guitar
- Nathaniel Ver Steeg – Violin
- Steve Simpson – Guitar
- Tim Karl – Guitar
Wine tastings and wine by the glass will be available, featuring vintages by the following Colorado vineyards: